Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hoover TwinTank Disinfecting Steam Mop - WH20200




My hardwood floors used to be clean just with a regular mop but now I am a mom of a toddler. My daughter is at an age where she walks around leaving food crumbs or drips from Sippy cup.  I also want the floor to be super clean to make it a safe and clean place for my daughter; Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop does the perfect job for me. It was easy to assemble and steam is ready within 30 seconds. I used it on my hardwood floor and bathroom tile floor and have been super content with the results. The floor not only looks super clean but also feels clean. I have always had a regular sticky feeling in bathroom floors with a regular mop because of all moisture in bathrooms but Hoover removed the sticky feeling.

Pros:

 1) Its lightweight steam mop. I wanted something lightweight since I have stairs in my house and I can’t lift a heavy vaccum cleaner kind thing for everyday use. Being lightweight gives me the opportunity to do it on my own as many times as I want.

2) TwinTank System lets you clean with steam alone or with Hoover Cleaning Solution. I use cleaning solution just for deeper cleaning.

3) Hot steam adds extra disinfecting as compared to any other regular mop. I love this since my daughter is playing on floor most times and I want to disinfect floor and keep it clean for her.

4) I can control the amount of cleaning solution I want to use by Solution Control Dial. So if there’s some extra mess I can increase cleaning solution to tackle mess or else I can keep it at low and just do a regular cleaning. This is such a good feature and also cost effective

5) Triangle shape of Swivel Mop Head makes it easy to reach in every nook and corner.

6) 30 foot power cord makes it easy to clean the entire kitchen or bathroom without unplugging.

7) I was happy enough to use it on hardwood and tiles but this can even work on carpet :) to refresh them using the Carpet Glider attachment. We have a deep cleaner for our carpets but it’s so heavy that we rarely use it. So I am using this feature to refresh carpets between deep cleanings.

8) Stand by itself. I have used a lot of regular mops and whenever I have to take a break, I have to find a corner to stand the mop. But this Hoover stands by itself.

9) Last but the best feature is the Microfiber Pads that are Machine-washable. That’s the cost effective feature that makes it more affordable than a regular mop on which we spend more on disposable pads. Once the cleaning is done, I just washed the microfiber pad and lay it flat to dry.

Cons:

The only negative I find is that I have to constantly press the steam button. I would love to see a steam lock button.



All in all I am very happy using this gadget.  It does an excellent job on our hardwood and tile floors.

“I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks - Ditslife