Sunday, February 10, 2013

Aloo Methi (Potato Fenugreek)

I wanted to make a small amount of dry sabji with my yellow daal so I thought of aloo methi. It can be made quick and is healthy. I never used to like it as a kid as fenugreek has a little bitter taste. At that age all I wanted to eat was tasty stuff so now I know I even need healthy food. We have to just find ways to make tasty. So to remove bitterness of methi we have to keep it in salt for at least  an hour.

Ingredients (for 2 person):

1) a small bunch of Fenugreek (cut into small pcs)
2) 2 small potatoes (cut into bite size pcs )
3) Half Onion (cut into small pcs)
4) Salt (acc to taste)
5) Haldi /turmeric (a pinch)
6) Hing/ asafoetida (a pinch)
7) Olive oil (1 tbsp)

Process:



  1. Keep methi in salt water for an hr or so. Saute potatoes once oil is hot.



2.  Cut onions in small size. After potatoes are little yellowish brownish add in the onions. Then add a pinch of  hing




3. Wash the fenugreek leaves to wash off the salt and then strain them. Once onions are little transparent/after a minute or so, add in the fenugreek leaves. Saute on medium flame, add in haldi.




4. Add in salt. Saute on medium flame for like 3 minutes till the Sabji is almost done.
5. Enjoy with roti and yogurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks - Ditslife